Sunday 2 November 2008

Thank God.

November and December 2008, will be eventful months for me.

This Friday, 7th November, I will be attending the 2008 Transgender Film Festival http://transgenderfilmfestival.co.uk/ and watching the film, 'The Believers' at the Ritzy Cinema. I will also be present for the opening night party.

I am looking forward to attending the Transgender Film Festival, panel and discussion session at B3 Media, in Brixton, on Sunday 9th November.

17th November, I will attend the 'How to be Happy' lecture by Professor Raj Persaud, at St George's Hanover Square.

5th December, I will be present at Isabel Clarke's www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/HilaryPegg1.11.04.pdf 'Madness, Mystery and the Survival of God', book launch. This will be taking place at the Crypt, Marlebone Road, London NW1 5LT.

December 16th, I will be at the Ritzy Cinema's 'Hansel and Gretel' (live) from the Royal Opera House, London, performance.

10th December, I will attend the 'Stigma of Mental Illness: Inevitable or unjustifiable? lecture by Professor Thornicroft, at Barnard's Inn Hall.

I am currently listening to 'Lookin' for A Leader' on my ipod, which is a Neil Young's www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young track from his 'Living with War' www.neilyoung.com/wwtoday/index.html c.d

I find it interesting that Neil Young was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the place and country where my son celebrated his first birthday, when I visited it with my son and my mother. I am also a fan of Bryan Adams www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Adams photography, which I viewed at the National Portrait Gallery and all the tracks of his '18 til I die' c.d. And quite understandably, last but not least, a K.D Lang www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K.d_Lang fan.

Today,whilst looking at Pink News www.pinknews.co.uk I couldn't help noticing the headline 'Widdecombe defends constituency against homophobia charge...' If this is indeed the case, then I am left speechless.

Sometime during 2005, I attended an 'Audience with Anne Widdecombe' talk which was held at The Shaw Theatre www.theshawtheatre.com/ - where 'Boy George' www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_George is currently performing - and I conducted a public discourse on a selection of Lesbian and Gay related issues with Anne Widdecombe during the questions and answer section of her talk. With the passage of time, I am unable to remember what my questions were or Anne Widdecombe's reply. However, I do recall experiencing a sense of satisfaction, enough so, for me to ask to obtain an autograph for my son, from Anne Widdecome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.