Saturday 8 November 2008

"For All Who Aspire To Lead"





Last night I viewed the films 'I am not a boy', and 'The believers' at Transgender Film Festival, which is being held at The Ritzy Cinema, in Brixton. I found both films educational and ground breaking. My time at the after party was an absolute joy.


This morning, I had the absolute pleasure of doing 'morning gongyo' in my home with Beverley Burton, who wrote an experience titled 'Never be defeated', in issue no.87 September 2008 'Art of Living' Buddhist Magazine.


This afternoon I was absolutely spoilt, in my adorable son's company. We visited the Imperial War Museum and viewed the 'From War To Windrush' discover the stories of West Indian (Caribbean) Men and Women in Wartime www.iwm.org.uk/windrush exhibition. The publicity of 'From War To Windrush' was stated thus:


Discover the stories of some of the thousands of West Indian men and women who served in the British forces and Merchant Navy during the First and Second World Wars.


60 years after the arrival of the MV Empire Windrush, explore how their wartime experiences helped shape Britain's modern West Indian populations.


See original photographs, personal memorabilia and documents, and listen to sound recordings of people talking about their experiences.


We then made our way to the Churchill Museum and Cabinet War Rooms www.iwm.org.uk/cabinet where we watched a documentary film of West Indian (Caribbean) men and women, which highlighted their stories about their roles and wartime effort in the British forces, during the First and Second World Wars.


We then listened to a talk, given by three women, English, Londoners. They revealled their personal experience of their lives in the Second World War.


We then went to a QLGF(Quaker Lesbian & Gay Fellowship) meeting in Westminster, via McDonald's.


Frankly I found my experience at the QLGF meeting - on this occasion- an absolute bore!


I will put my frustration down to a breakdown in communication. I was expressing my interest, during a conversation, in a Quaker Civil Partnership Ceremony, or at least some form of equal recognition of same sex relationships. - There is NO urgency for me, at this stage, as I am NOT currently dating. Nevertheless, I would like this to at least be considered, within the Quaker Faith and Practice guidelines.


They however, seemed more interested in holding a conversation about 'OBAMA', who as far as I know, is neither Gay or Bisexual. He is certainly NOT a Quaker attender. But best of All, he is NOT British and I am NOT American! Needless to say, I didn't hang about. I left.


This evening I am being given the priviledge of attending a fundraising benefit, in my local area. How absolutely wonderful!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.