Tuesday 4 November 2008

"The Light Belongs To Everyone"

Whilst browsing www.wiki.pinkpaper.com today, I read news (reported by Anna Jazurek) of the first lesbian marriage - two Swedish women - to take place beside India's most famous landmark: The Taj Mahal.

Some years ago, there were two places in the world where, I contemplated marrying my then same-sex partner. One place was Amsterdam, and I travelled there with my then partner, my mother and a heterosexual female friend. We all had an absolutely fabulous time, but did not marry. The other place that I considered was Australia. I was influenced at the time, by the things that I had heard about the Mardi Gras, and I was also impressed by Peter Thatchell www.peterthatchell.net/ Nowadays, whilst still remaining impressed with Peter Thatchell, I am also impressed with amongst others, Clive James www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_James and Germaine Greer www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germaine_Greer but possibilities of places for marrying a potential same-sex partner have increased.

It is no secret, that I am deeply passionate about the increasing numbers of Mental Health anti-stigma, anti-discrimination initiatives www.seemescotland.org.uk/ and www.likeminds.org.nz/ plus www.lgbtmind.com/ to name but a few, are much needed trailblazing pioneers.

I feel extremely priviledged, to this year be attending the 'Annual Service of Commemoration', for homeless people who have died in the past year. 12 noon, Thursday 6th November 2008, at St Martin in the Fields, Trafalgar Square, London.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.