Wednesday 5 November 2008

Rotimi Fani-Kayodi

I have just received a text message, stating the following:

"Obama is President of USA!"

In my opinion, one of the many reasons that makes America Great, is her ability to remember what made her Great!

I have been reliably informed, that I will find the book, 'Mercy' by Lara Santoro and discribed by Oprah www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oprah_Winfrey magazine www.oprah.com/magazine/omagazine as being 'Gorgeously written', an excellent read.

Within the last few hour two black males have come to mind. One of them is Justin Fashanu www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Fashanu I am not sure why, and the other is Rotimi Fani-Kayode www.routledge-ny.com/ref/20Cphoto/fani.html and http://www.glbtq.com/arts/Fanikayode_r.html
plus www.daguerro.com/black_orpheus.htm . who it is true that, although I did not meet him, I lived for many years,- both alone and with my son - in an abode that he designed, within a Lesbian and Gay Community. And yes, I also met his partner Alex Hirst, in the last years of his life.

Perhaps in Rotimi's case I am projecting and thinking about 1st December. Worlds AIDS Day.

If I am, then I will mention Sir Elton John www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elton_John plus
www.eltonjohn.com/ who's musical talent and work especially regarding HIV/AIDS, I find outstanding. I will also mention the late Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-97) who is described in the book 'Who's Who in Contemporary Gay and Lesbian History' edited by Robert Aldrich and Garry Wotherspoon, as a "British AIDS activist..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.