Friday 21 November 2008

Courtney Pine.

Yesterday, was really special.

My film will show locations that mean, much to me. I started my day filming at St Georges' in Hanover Square, Mayfair www.stgeorgeshanoversquare.org followed by filming at Streatham Quaker Meeting House www.psmmquakers.org.uk/

In the evening, I listened to the young and talented 'Empirical' www.myspace.com/empiricalmusic at the Barbican. Then time passed all too quickly, as I listened to the awesome genius, Courtney Pine www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Pine perform, 'Tradition in Transition' . I can hardly wait for this c.d to be released in February 2009.

I inherit my deep appreciation of Jazz, from my mother. She loves to listen and dance to Jazz music. Some time ago, I accompanied my mother to see the enjoyable Cole Porter www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cole_Porter or www.youtube.com or www.youtube.com musical 'Anything Goes' in Drury Lane. She was delighted.

My mother's love for Jazz was inherited from her mother, Louise Stewart, nee Williams. Louise Stewart's appreciation of Jazz was inherited from her land,owning, Methodist Church attending, parents Robert Williams and Margorie Williams, nee Reid.

I look forward to seeing Courtney Pine perform at the 2009, London Jazz Festival. Perhaps my mother may also be able to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.