Monday 10 November 2008

In A Direct Line From The Suffragettes










The last time that I saw my son, he seemed pensive. On investigating this further he verbalised his sadness regarding our Queen www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_II_of_the_United_Kingdom by saying that "I am very sad because the Queen is quite old, and is going to die soon. I don't want that to happen. I have started to collect coins, notes and everything that I can get with her face on because, when she dies there will only be men on the coins"




Whilst I would also be deeply saddened, I believe that the occasion is not for some considerable time to come. With regards to my son, some time ago, I gave his foster mother and father, a selection of books, one of which was a childrens book purchased from the 'Quaker Bookshop' in Euston Road, when he was much younger, and deals appropriately with the theme of death. So in his review later this week, I will ask them to read it with my son. This Xmas, I will also present my son with the animation film 'Charlotte's Web' based on the Children's Classic by E.B. White.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.