Saturday 1 November 2008

Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

This morning, I glided into work, listening to David Gilmour's beautiful, 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' (Pts. 1-9 live at the Royal Albert Hall) feat Crosby & Nash.

I am really pleased that my dear friend Birgit, will be able to accompany me, later this month, to view the 'Anna Leibovitz' www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Leibovitz exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery www.npg.org.uk/

I am still trying to see a screening of the award winning documentary film: 'For the bible tells me so' www.forthebibletellsmeso.org/ which examines the experiences of gay Christians and the Churches attitude to homosexuality.

On the fifth of this month, it will be three years to the day, when I met the Right Reverend V. Gene Robinson www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Robinson in person, at an inclusive LGBT Service, which took place at St Martin in the Fields www.stmartin-in-the-fields.org/ I was delighted when the Right Reverend V. Gene Robinson autographed my 'Who's Who in Lesbian and Gay History' www.amazon.co.uk/Whos-Who-Lesbian-History-Mid-twentieth/dp/0415159822 book. I have only just recently heard that he may have angered traditionalist by allegedly suggesting that Jesus Christ might have been homosexual.

I am looking forward to seeing 'Living Colour' perform live at the Jazz Cafe tomorrow evening.

I have been reflecting on my experience at Nettleford Hall, last night. At one point during a film, a 1960 German born 'Afro-German' artist, I think her name may have been May ??(A...M) mentioned Audre Lorde www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audre_Lorde and was seen filmed with her. I am not clear, if this took place, before or after May had been hospitalised due to an episode of mental distress. However, sadly, May was said to have jumped from a fourteenth floor balcony to her death a few years ago.

When I finally get home, after the Bonfire Party at my local Quaker meeting, this evening, I am going to watch my 'Little Britain' www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/ dvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.