Friday 7 November 2008

HENRY BONDERENKO


Ben Summerskill
Stella Duffy
Rt Revd Gene Robinson



The K.d Lang track, 'Love is Everything' from her 'Hymns Of The 49th Parallel' c.d, was still playing on my ipod when I arrived, for The Annual Service of Commemoration for homeless people who had died in the past year, yesterday at St Martin-in-the-Fields http://www.smitf.org/ I left Henry Bonderenko's name. Although unknown to me, personally when he lived, I am the mother of a son whom I dearly love, so I light this symbolic candle in remembrance for Henry Bonderenko.

Mindful of my son's adoration of Chelsea Football Club, I found that I could not resist the temptation, to purchase a couple of memorabilia's, from The Legends of Football http://www.thelegendsoffootball.com/ for him. I will quite naturally impart these gifts to my son, when I see him this Saturday.

I have discovered the following http://mentalhealthfestival.dreamhosters.com/ Mental Health Arts and Film Festival website.

Last evening, having first transcended a group of trans people and allies who wished to protest about Stonewall's nomination of Guardian journalist, Julie Bindel, in the "Journalist of the Year" category... I had a fantastic time and truly enjoyed myself, at the 3rd Stonewall Awards 2008 http://www.stonewall.org.uk/
I was delighted to see Ben Summerskill - Stonewall's Chief Executive. I was also thrilled that the Rt Revd Gene Robinson was voted 'Hero of the Year', Stonewall Lions Football Club obtained 'Sports Award of the Year', Sandi Toksvig was voted 'Broadcaster of the Year', Miriam Stoppard was voted 'Journalist of the Year', Sue Perkins was voted 'Entertainer of the Year', Stella Duffy was voted 'Writer of the Year', Lord Alli was voted 'Politician of the Year', Iris Robinson MP was voted 'Bigot of the Year', An Immigration group was voted 'Community Group of the Year, and Time Out was voted 'Publication of the Year'

After the excitement of the evening, I travelled home listening to Dave Stewart & Candy Duffer 'Lily Was Here' www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhSx8uKdD5o






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.