Sunday 26 October 2008

'Trust Through Friendship, Peace Through Trust'

This motto is a guide of the SGI-UK www.sgi-uk.org and with it firmly placed in the forefront of my mind, I have had an amazing day.

It started with my regular morning attendance at my local Quaker www.quaker.org.uk/different meeting. Today, during some of the silence, I was reading the No 68 Autumn 2008, 'Quaker News', which is a quarterly update on Quaker work in the care of Britain Yearly Meeting. As I read the article titled 'Launching the next generation of peaceworkers', I was interested and started to muse on thoughts of positioning myself, more in the centre 'of the Quaker bed'.

At the end of the meeting for worship, an anouncement was made which offered the opportunity for involvement with the 'Make a mark for peace: Quaker peaceworkers appeal 2008-2009. I decided to offer my services, and thankfully my offer was accepted.

After staying to converse over a cup of herbal tea, I made my way to the SGI-UK South London National Centre (SLNC) to do daimoku (chant) for half an hour. Whilst at the SLNC I purchased issue no 87, September 2008, 'Art of Living', a Buddhist magazine. This issue is titled 'Sharing the heart of the Buddha'.

In my SGI-UK district, we practice 'Kosen-rufu' on the first Sunday of each month. Kosen-rufu means, to secure lasting peace through spreading the teachings and values of Nichiren Buddhism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.