Tuesday 21 October 2008

Experience Is The Greatest Teacher.

Today I experienced another 'growth' day.

It started with my visit to 'Corearts' www.corearts.co.uk core arts exists to promote the artistic and creative abilities of people who experience severe and enduring mental health issues. After this visit, I took another look at http://www.zyra.org.uk/madlinks.htm as a result of looking at http://www.zyra.org.uk/madpride.htm the late Pete Shaughnessy's 'Mad Pride' legacy.

I have also arranged to take my son to visit my mother on Saturday 22nd November 2008, after speaking with my mother today. I feel fortunate to have been able to schedule this visit, as she is a very busy woman.

This evening I attended 'Lambeth's Black Queer Pulse' at the Minet Library. This event was part of Lambeth's Black History Month, and 'Rukus' www.rukus.co.uk played a big part in making it possible, as well as Lambeth Libraries and archives. This Black LGBT event was productive and well attended.

The panel were:
Topher Campbell, who is amongst other things co-founder of rukus! (the other co-founder is Ajamu), Linda Bellos OBE - Director of Diversity Solutions Consultancy Ltd www.diversity-solutions.com Dennis Carney, Neville Fleming and Ted Walker-Brown, who amongst other things, is also the brother of Jacqueline Walker - writer of the book 'Pilgrim State'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.