Tuesday 14 October 2008

There is No Barrier.

As it is on loan to me, last night, shortly before bedtime, I began to read the book 'Oscar Wilde' by Richard Ellmann. I love all things 'Oscar', and the memories of Matthew Bourne's 'Dorian Gray' dance at Sadler's Wells www.sadlerswells.com in aid of the Terrence Higgins Trust www.tht.org.uk is still mesmerising me.

I also had a quick look in my newly acquired book 'Completely Queer' The Gay and Lesbian Encyclopedia by Steve Hogan and Lee Hudson, which was given to me as a gift, last Thursday (by Sweeney- Todd).

This morning, I browsed my copy of 'DIVA' the 150 Souvenir issue www.divamag.co.uk after committing to my diary, my intention to attend the Professor Raj Persaud, Consultant Psychiatrist at the Bethlem Royal and Maudsley Hospitals, and Emeritus Gresham Professor for the Public Understanding of Psychiatry's, 'How to be Happy' 1pm-2pm, lunchtime lecture, on Monday 17th November 2008, at St George's Hanover Square www.stgeorgeshanoversquare.org I also had a brief look at the Gresham College www.gresham.ac.uk Free Public Lectures 2008-2009 booklet.

At the moment, I am reflecting on the musicianship of Rachel Studley www.bbc.co.uk/leicester/content/articles/2005/12/08/rachel_studley_feature.shtml who also works for 'London Hearing Voices Groups Project' supporting people & organisations to set up well facilitated user-led support groups for Londoners who hear voices LHVN@mindincamden.org.uk






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.