Tuesday 7 October 2008

Dare To Hope.

I am really pleased to have received the 'Time to Change' www.time-to-change.org.uk issue 1, Autumn 2008, update. It is packed with information. I am especially interested in the new interactive website. Time to Change's Mind Out project is also hosting the national LGBT Mental Health conference www.lgbtmind.com , on Monday 3rd November 2008, at The Friends' Meeting House, Brighton. I am eagerly awaiting confirmation that I have a place booked.

I have been smiling, since I have found out that Ruby Wax will be presenting the Mental Health Media Awards, www.mhmawards.net which is now in its 15th year, on 25th November 2008.

Another thing that has been keeping me smiling, and was received, from 'Open Up' www.openuptoolkit.net is the news that, this Friday 10th October 2008, World Mental Health Day. Inspired-stories.tv www.inspired-stories.tv will be the first Internet TV station to give people with lived mental heath experience a platform to tell their stories and provide filmmaking skills training.

Themes include: self harm, stigma, social alienation, hearing voices, creativity and identity.

This morning, I was in high spirits after speaking to Sybil Ah-mane, Film Director, Flexible Films www.flexiblefilms.co.uk and being sent a RSVP invitation to attend a Flexible Films and IF Night of Inspired Stories Launch on Thursday 9th Oct 2008.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.