Monday 13 October 2008

My Birthday Bliss.

I have had a fabulous day.

It started half an hour before midnight, when I received a birthday greetings text from, my second cousin, Lennox. Then once I viewed 00.01hrs on the clock, I opened the only birthday card in my possession, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was decorated in multiple love hearts. Hmmm. After that, me being me, I couldn't get to sleep for the next hour.

I awoke this morning to copious texts, with birthday greetings, and found myself in a meeting this morning that ended at 9am.

I then went to work for a few hours, mainly to have my photograph taken (by Sweeney-T), at St George's Hanover Square, Mayfair http://www.stgeorgeshanoversquare.org/ with the very charming, Reverend Roderick Leece, who is a trustee of Hyde Park Place Estate Charity www.vawcvs.org/modules/ndirectory/display.php?org_id=588 for our charity organisation's staff and service users newsletter. Hyde Park Place Estate Charity, has now made it possible, for a number of our clients with mental health experience, to be able to take a holiday in 2009.

By 12.30hrs, I had left work, I had had more phone calls with birthday greetings, - plus a text from Birgit, my stalwart friend, which informed me that she has booked tickets for us to see French & Saunders perform on Saturday 18th October 2008, at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane www.theatreroyaldrurylane.co.uk after which, she will be taking me to dine 'vegan' - and was seated with Grace, my care coordinator. She gave me a birthday card and treated me to a birthday meal.

When I returned home, I found a present from my first cousin Andrea, and - joy of all joys - a gift of a 'happy birthday love from' card with the drawing of an aeroplane, plus six mini fairy cakes, from my wonderful son, which I know that he has baked with the help of his foster mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.