Sunday 5 October 2008

My Ray Of Light.

I am currently listening to the track 'I wish' from a 'Prodical Son' www.gospelreggae.com c.d. He is a gospel reggae artist, whose lyrics are making me laugh, as I reminisce the five and a half hours, of wonderful time, spent with my son, yesterday.

When I collected my son from his foster parent's, I noticed that his hair, though neat - as it had been given a trim earlier in the day, was slightly longer than it has been in some years. My son had, initially told me that he wanted to grow his hair longer four years ago, but had not actioned his decision. Yesterday my son's foster father commented, that my son may well end up with hair like - Jimi Hendrix www.jimihendrix.com My son's foster father also mentioned that my son can now, and does, read his Beano www.beanotown.com magazines.

As promised, I took my son to McDonald's - at his request, and then to see my office. He met two of my colleagues - one of whom, gave him some Chelsea FC www.chelseafc.com memorabilia. This time last year, this same colleague had also given me a large Audrey Hepburn www.audreyhepburn.com 'Breakfast at Tiffany' poster for my son. My son has been fond of Audrey's image for some time. While visiting my office, my son told me that he liked the office chairs at my workplace.

Our last stop, was the Science Museum www.sciencemuseum.org.uk again. This time, not only did my son purchased some small model aeroplanes from the shop - to add to his collection, but we also enjoyed a ride on a simulator, and we watched a 3D showing of 'Monsters' in the Imax 3D Cinema.

On the way home, my son told me that he is involved in a class project at his school. The class is building a conker giant from sixty-one conkers. His teacher is making a draft and the class are 'writing' it into their books. I know, the news that my son has started the writing process in school, will be 'music to the ears' of my mother. She has spent years worrying that her beloved grandson, will arrive in adulthood - illiterate, due to a lifetime of Rudolf Steiner education. www.freedom-in-education.co.uk/Steiner.htm

Throughout our time together, yesterday, my son kept calling me 'Yvonne'. When he does this, I always respond by telling him "It's mum, to you" and start tickling him. It has become one of his way of gaining more physical attention, from me, aside from my kisses, cuddles, positive affirmations and verbally telling him that I love him. Perhaps he also did it yesterday, because he had not physically seen me for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.