Saturday 18 October 2008

Painting The Town Red.

I have received a beautiful birthday card and gift, including the wonderful giftbook 'The Love Between Mothers and Sons' by Helen Exley.

I found the current 'Keep Smiling Through: Black Londoners on the Home Front 1939 to 1945' exhibition at the Cuming museum www.southwark.gov.uk/cumingmuseum, enlightening, and the 'Researching Caribbean Family History' illustrated talk by Patrick Vernon, founder of Every Generation Media/ Foundation www.everygeneration.co.uk and www.100greatblackbritons.co.uk helpful.

I attended the 'Be a councillor' www.beacouncillor.org.uk information seminar, where I listened to four existing councillors (Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and independent) explain how they were selected and their experience of balancing home life, work and council duties. Much like the delightful, Frank Bruno www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Bruno I have chosen the Conservatives, as the party that I would like to become affiliated with.

French & Saunders www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_and_Saunders was worth every minute. I am so pleased that I was able to see them perform the 'Still Alive' tour.

True to form, the experience of dining at Mildreds www.mildreds.co.uk Vegetarian Restaurant has left me in a state of moreishness.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.