Friday 24 October 2008

A Greater Degree Of Understanding.

One day, this week, I went to Kingsland High Street, Dalston. I went there to visit 'Studio Upstairs' www.studioupstairs.org.uk which is a working arts studio within a therapeutic framework. This visit brought to my mind, memories of my rich and varied employment, (full-time) with 'The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association' (PRA) www.praservices.org.uk/ which I joined in 1984, in their 'Silver Jubilee' (25th) year. I thoroughly enjoyed working with PRA.

I left PRA in 1986, to spend the next five years working full-time, in the heart of Soho, at Fifty-nine (59) Greek Street, Women's Hostel www.infed.org/walking/wa-soho.htm Formally known as The Theatre Girls Club www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c686.shtml During my time with '59' I was employed as a Lesbian Hostel Rehousing & Resettlement Worker, a Medical Worker and a Admin Worker. I enjoyed the rich and diverse work experience at '59'.

Before going to work today, Grace rang me to say 'goodbye'. She starts her Approved Social Work (ASW) training next week. She reminded me that I will need to next collect my anti-psychotic 'Stella' medication, sometime during the morning of Tues 28th Oct 08, before I go to work. I will miss her.

I also stopped off at The Ritzy Cinema www.picturehouses.co.uk/site/cinemas/ritzy/local.htm to purchase my ticket for The London TransGender FilmFestival 2008, Fri 7th Nov 08, Opening Night Films and AFTERPARTY..........
I am looking forward to the feature film 'The BELIEVERS', which is the story of the World's first transgender gospel choir...

Today I also secured a ticket to see 'American Briefs' performed on Tues 28th Oct 08, at the Stag theatre. 'American Briefs' is a production of ten plays, linked together. All proceeds on the night of this not-to-be missed performance on the 28th Oct, will go to Stonewall www.stonewall.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.