Sunday 1 February 2009

Amazing Grace.

Amazing Grace
Leann Rimes
Elvis Presley
Trailer
Trailer
It's officially the start of the LGBT History Month!

I found the above cd titled 'Beware of the Sins' at my mother's home earlier this evening. My mother is a practicing Jehovah's Witness of many years. she had no idea where this cd with a talk of approximately 20 came from. On listening to it however, she realised that someone in her ministry had left this cd for her.
Imagine my amazement in this twenty-first century. When I consider that my mother was coached on William Shakespeare in her youth... I say Thank God, that I am Gay
Glad to be Gay
by Tom Robinson
Glad to be gay [Lyrics]
The British Police are the best in the world I don't believe one of these stories I've heard 'Bout them raiding our pubs for no reason at all Lining the customers up by the wall Picking out people and knocking them down Resisting arrest as they're kicked on the ground Searching their houses and calling them queer I don't believe that sort of thing happens here
Sing if you're glad to be gay Sing if you're happy that way
Pictures of naked young women are fun In Titbits and Playboy, page three of The Sun There's no nudes in Gay News our last magazine But they still find excuses to call it obscene Read how disgusting we are in the press The News of The World and the Sunday Express Molesters of children, corruptors of youth It's there in the paper, it must be the truth
Sing if you're glad to be gay Sing if you're happy that way
Don't try to kid us that if you're discreet You're perfectly safe as you walk down the street You don't have to mince or make bitchy remarks To get beaten unconscious and left in the dark I had a friend who was gentle and short Got lonely one evening and went for a walk Queerbashers caught him and kicked in his teeth He was only hospitalised for a week
Sing if you're glad to be gay Sing if you're happy that way
So sit back and watch as they close all our clubs Arrest us for meeting and raid all our pubs Make sure your boyfriend's at least 21 So only your friends and your brothers get done Lie to your workmates, lie to your folks Put down the queens and tell anti-queer jokes Gay Lib's ridiculous, join their laughter 'The buggers are legal now, what more are they after?'
Sing if you're glad to be gay Sing if you're happy that way
For some time now, my mother has been mentioning that people in her ministry have been suggesting that she sell her house and move to a smaller place. Even though my mother reminds them that she loves my son and is leaving it for him.

I think that considering that Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to vote or involve themselves in politics... Imagine that? After everything that happened in this country to make it possible for all adult British Citizens to be able to Vote, including women... Yet still I find there seem to be members who make it their business to pray on an older woman's property!



This photo of my son was taken yesterday, at The Ritz, Piccadilly, after enjoying the 'Afternoon Tea' experience at The Ritz Hotel with me. Meanwhile, his foster parents went to the cinema to watch 'Milk'.





My son's latest artwork gift created for me yesterday.

I will be at my local Quaker Meeting for Worship, later this morning. I am off to bed.



1 comment:

  1. I should have known - It was Afternoon Tea at The Ritz - glad it finally happened, love it and I want to take you there as well one of these days - always wanted to do it and who better to do it with than you.
    All my love xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.