Thursday 26 February 2009

Gay's The Word.

Terry Conway
Co-convenor of Greater London Unison LGBT Committee

Rev'd Rowland Jide Macaulay



Rev'd Maris Sants
Representing
Amnesty International

Today I experienced a full day of LGBT enlightenment. It Began at ten this morning at the ULU (University of London Union www.ulu.co.uk where amongst other things I collected a Broken Rainbow www.broken-rainbow.org.uk leaflet. I concluded my day at Congress House approximately two hours ago. I can't be sure, but in hindsight I think that a female may have been trying to chat me up while I was at Congress House this evening. Why do I think this? Unprompted, she offered her relationship inventory -with women-, and again unprompted - offered to accompany me to this year's London Lesbian and Gay film festival to watch a few films and followed it up by giving me her e-mail address... Hmmm What do I say? Sexual Anorexia...

In between leaving the ULU and arriving at Congress House, I browsed 'Gay's the Word' www.gaystheword.co.uk - while there, I couldn't help noticing the DVD films 'Portrait of a Marriage' www.rainbownetwork.com/UserPortal/Article/Detail.aspx?ID=21646&sid=62 'GIA' www.movies.nytimes.com/movie/160226/Gia/trailers 'and Claire of the Moon' www.imdb.com/title/tt0103977/trailers to name but a few. I took the opportunity to look at 'crAve' www.cravewomen.co.uk 'curve' www.curvemag.com 'DIVA' www.divamag.co.uk and the programme for the 25th March - 8th April 2009, 23rd llgff - London Lesbian & Gay Film Festival www.bfi.org.uk/llgff As I made my exit from 'Gay's the Word' the Stonewall www.stonewall.org.uk and Pink Adverts www.pinkadverts.com leaflets caught my eye.

I then made my way to 'First Out' www.firstoutcafebar.com where I drank a soft drink while I perused 'Out in the City' www.outmag.co.uk a 'Gingerbeer' www.gingerbeer.co.uk leaflet and issue 972 of the Pink Paper www.pinkpaper.com while in 'First Out' I made up my mind that 'Out Late' is a film that I would like to see at the llgff at 14.30hrs on Sunday 5th April 2009 - 'Out Late' explores those who 'come out' in their sixties and seventies including stories about 'coming out in church, discovering 'The L Word' www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za1MhTkeSLc at eighty and transitioning from male to female after a lifetime in the navy and raising a family...

Last thing this evening I read the following:

FUTURE FUSION CLUB NIGHT We are back...by popular demand!!!!SUNDAY APRIL 5thThe Green Carnation, 5 Greek Street, London W1 7pm-Midnight Members £5 non £8 Pass it on let ya friends know, got a birthday come and celebrate. We are dropping infectious funky rhythms, broken beat mash ups, Dubstep rockers, jazzy grooves, thunderous Afro Latin House and Disco breaks. One thing you can be sure of is that the music will hit your soul. DJS NIKKI LUCAS and MISS BAILEY special guest CEDRIC WOO Promoted by YVONNE (Sunday Happy Day)FUTURE FUSION GLOBAL WARNING RADIO To hear the show tune into Righton FM http://www.righton.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.