Wednesday 11 February 2009

A Growth Day.

I had an appointment with Wendy yesterday at her office, and after checking whether my periodic blood test was due, she dutifully handed me my sugar-free 'Stella' antipsychotic medication. When Wendy last visited me in Victoria, I mentioned that I was thinking of something special that I could do with my son for his birthday and that my son loves aircrafts... Wendy researched the following and e-mailed it to me.

Today I was formally asked if I would be one of the Hearing Voices Group Facilitators at Lambeth Mind. I gladly accepted and will co-facilitate my first group on Wednesday 11th March 2009.
The first International Hearing Voices Congress
17th & 18th September 2009 to be held in Maastricht, Holland.
The Campaign for the Abolition of the Schizophrenia Label
I also received an appointment for a SLAM www.slam.nhs.uk psychotherapy assessment interview for the possibility of group psychotherapy complete with questionaire. I know that I asked Dr Seed to refer me to the Psychotherapy Unit, but actually if I need psychotherapy, I'd rather pay for it myself in addition to my 'Stella' medication prescriptions. Conclusion? I am going to decline.

Today I was having a growth day and, I received this beautiful and unexpected card in the post.
Thank You
I now have photo's with me and the following MPs which were taken on 21 January 2009 when they pledged their support for the Time to Change www.time-to-change.org.uk campaign to end mental health discrimination.

Gerald Howarth MP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.