Wednesday 29 April 2009

Plato's People

British Bulldog

Plato




Larnaca


&

Nicosia





My first holiday alone was spent in beautiful Larnaca, in 1992. The land of Plato's www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato people. I was so busy at work prior to leaving London for Larnaca. I am glad I took the time to travel. The tourist residence was clean, safe, peaceful and each day I would start the day with a lone walk through Larnaca. The people of Larnaca were friendly and polite. I spent most days on the beach, reading a book and resting. My memory of my time spent in Larnaca, plus a one day trip to Nicosia warms my heart.


The red ashtray was a gift from the manager of my Larnaca residence and his wife

in this land of Gods

Priceless


One other memory remains of my time in Larnaca. That is my one visit to a public house [Pub] which had a British Bulldog www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davey_Boy_Smith

It was occupied with male British soldiers.
Beautiful to be with my people. They spoke of
Whilst I sipped my orange juice and listened.
Perfectly safe
Protected.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.