Saturday 25 April 2009

The Perfect Storm


I was late leaving work this evening and, as a result ended up being half an hour late calling my beloved son. I am broke, and have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with my son next week during our five and a half hours together. I would have loved to have taken him to revisit the Bank of England Museum www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/museum/ I first took him to visit it while he was living with me, but if my memory serves me correctly it doesn't open on Saturdays.


It was truly a joy to converse with my son - nothing new about that, or the fact that I was filled with gratitude. He is a 'Gift' and a 'Miracle'. I feel so blessed, to be able to lavishly and overtly, convey my love and affections for my son to him and for it to be requited - just as from my mother to me...


Yesterday my mother rang me again. I know that she is concerned about me at this time. as she yet again told me to come to her, reminding me that I will always have a home with her. I have been cautiously negotiating with my own personal 'stress abyss' quick sand. I know excessive resistance means certain spiritual death.


I just can't afford to be so self absorb and self pitying to take for granted the fact that I do have some contact with my child. Heartbreakingly, for what ever the reason, many equally sincerely loving parents and guardians are unable.


I am 'On Call' tonight and one of my client who knew I was 'On Call' has just rung me and asked me to watch 'The Perfect Storm' on Channel 7. 'God works in mysterious ways the wonders he performs!'

***

Two days ago, I received an invitation from Ed Watkins, Deputy Chairman of Dulwich and West Norwood Conservative Association, to attend a forthcoming new members drinks evening. The long and the short of it is, I declined the invitation and requested to be invited to attend a coffee morning. All credit to him, today I received a coffee invite offer at some point.


***

Today I also received the following which I will also be attending:


Afternoon all,
This is a reminder of the Idaho event on Sunday 17th May 2009 at the Leonard Cheshire Centre, Randall Close, Battersea SW11 3TG.
Registration takes places at 9.45 with teas and coffee, please be as prompt as possible as we hope to start at 10.15 as this is a packed day and to allow people to have time for light refreshments before the afternoon event on Clapham Common.
There will be transport provided by Wandsworth Council to get us from Battersea to the Common and this will be at 1.45 to allow time in case of traffic on the road, the afternoon event will begin at 2.30 prompt and we hope to be finished by 4.00 where you will be invited to attend the 2 Brewers Bar in Clapham High Street to carry on the day, there will be a small area set aside for us again with light refreshments.
I have attached a link to a map of Randall Close, for those coming by public transport the nearest over ground station is Clapham Junction and there are a number of buses that leave from the rear or the side of the Junction these are,
345, 49, 319, there is also a taxi rank outside the Junction for those that do not like public transport...


***

Last, but not least:

On my arrival home from work today, I found that I had received my ticket to see Eric Clapton with special guests ARC Angels at the Royal Albert Hall at 7:30pm on Thursday, 28th May 2009.

Inspirational

In the meantime, I will make a start on reading

Eric Clapton

The Autobiography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.