Saturday 21 March 2009

Out And About.


Nick Maund, Alison & Bob

Kate Hoey MP

James, Nick, Me & Michael
I know that I have arranged to watch 'The Lesbian Vampire Killers' at The Ritzy Cinema in Brixton tonight. However, I could not resist the temptation to don my Y.M.C.A of Lambeth www.ymca.org.uk/ tee-shirt [a favourite] which usually brings thoughts of 'Village People's www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_People theme tune Y.M.C.A www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k to mind, and venture out and about enjoying the beautiful day.
During my bus journey, I passed the 'RVT' 'The Royal Vauxhall Tavern' www.theroyalvauxhalltavern.co.uk/ At this time, I cannot be 100% sure, but I thought I noticed pubicity for a forthcoming event at the RVT www.theroyalvauxhalltavern.co.uk/deta-fri.html which includes Ken Livingston www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Livingstone Brian Paddock www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/1896337.stm and others, along with my Sweetie-pie, Julian Clary www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Clary
Today whilst in company, I entered the Kennington Park www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennington_Park 'Spring in to Nature' event - It's publicity mentions Kate Hoey MP, who much like me, appreciates horses. Both my son and myself were frequent customers of the 'Trent Park Equestrian Centre' www.riding-uk.com/ Where 'Purdy' the pony and later 'Bill' or maybe 'Bilbo' the horse were the first ones we rode.
During my visit to the 'Spring in to Nature' event, I was so proud to witness a measure of equality & diversity, 'putting ones' money where ones mouth is', in the shape of Alison & Bob of St. John's Ambulance. I found this particularly satisfying, as when I was a school girl, I was a member of St. John's Ambulance, as was my late Aunt Ruth Stewart, when she was a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.