Tuesday 24 March 2009

Garden Of Eden Paradise...

Sylvia Plath
I have been led to understand, Nicholas Hughes, 47 [son of poets Sylvia Plath - who also wrote the novel 'The Bell Jar' - and Ted Hughes] has sadly taken his own life, after a battle with depression.
Earlier this evening, I had been pondering the Half Acre of land, which will automatically be passed on to my heir [my son] which my mother and myself purchased and own. This Half Acre of land is located in James Hill, Jamaica. We continue the many generations of land owning tradition within our Stewart Williams family.

The what I now describe as my 'Garden of Eden Paradise' land, houses one tree - a apple tree. Quite naturally, both my mother and myself took a bite of one of it's deliciously ripe fruits. Hmmm
My mother and myself, both with our own histories of lived Mental Distress Experiences. My mother's triggered with post-natal depression, progressing to Schizophrenia, with long periods of psychiatric hospital admissions, Electric Shock treatment, padded cells, strait Jackets, Chlorpromazine, disapil, injections, estrangement from children... My experiences may have been triggered by hidden homelessness, workaholicism, mortgage negative equity, significant relationship breakdown and made worse by no support, alcohol, recreational party drugs [cannabis, cocaine]...
My aim for the Half Acre land situated on James Hill, is to build an innovative inclusive, free at source, Mental Health Information resource. A 21st Century Mental Health Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.