Friday 27 March 2009

A Cause Of Conservative Party Embarrassment


Remember, you heard it here first. I held a Labour Party membership Before, becoming a member of the Conservative Party www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_Party_(UK)
My son, aged 6, and I toured the Houses of Parliament - celebrating the then Prime Minster Tony Blair's third term in office. A Labour Party first. This invitation was compliments of Tessa Jowell MP www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Jowell / www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/Tessa_Jowell
I was especially delighted with this tour as it took place in the same year as the celebration of the 400 year Guy Fawkes' www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes / www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night failed attempt and also the year that I first met Bishop Gene Robinson www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Robinson
at www.stmartin-in-the-fields.org/ It was Bishop Gene Robinson's first visit to England and I was able to have him sign his autograph for me in my 'Who's Who In Gay and Lesbian History' book, edited by Robert Aldrich and Garry Wotherspoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.