Thursday 26 March 2009

LGBT Matters

Wonderful World, Beautiful People
by
Jimmy Cliff

Our places have been reserved, and I am looking forward to attending the booked 'Open Day', at The City of London School for Boys, with my son.
My son's kinship foster mother has informed me that she had recently mentioned the possibility of my son changing schools, to my son. Unfortunately, my son has taken the news badly. Although, my son has clearly verbally stated - to me - his aspirations to become a pilot. He, quite understandably had mentioned - to his foster parents - that he wants his teacher - [Ms A. Rowe] and his Steiner school friends to come with him.
I appreciate many children, up and down the Country, share my son's sentiment each year. My job, especially as a 'Pink Parent www.pinkparents.org.uk/ is to lovingly, compassionately and productively support my son, with any such growth transitions.
Further good news, includes the forthcoming Tuesday 21st April 2009, LGBT Matters www.sigmaresearch.org.uk/files/report2006c.pdf - The Legacy Event - which will take place at the Oval House Theatre www.ovalhouse.com/ in the evening between 6.15pm and 9.00pm. This event will highlight the progress made by Lambeth Council and what is being done to ensure it's services reflect the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans communities, whether a resident, employee, student or at play in the borough, following the April 2006 LGBT Matters research.
Senior representatives, including the Chief Executive, Derrick Anderson and the Leader of Lambeth Council, Steve Reed will be hosting the event to discuss the findings of the research, and how the council has improved services as a result.
As much as I would have attended the LGBT Matters - The Legacy Event - I have stated that I would like to be considered for selection as a council candidate for Herne Hill, and will be attending a Herne Hill Conservatives meeting, on the evening of Tuesday 21st April 2009, where my local party will be selecting their candidate to fight the 2010 Lambeth Council elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.