Friday 26 December 2008

William Shakespeare.


William Shakespeare www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shakespeare is one of my mother's favourite writers, and because of this, in the past, I have purchased a few BBC Radio collection c.ds, of Shakespeare's works as gifts for her. My mother - unlike myself - read much of Shakespeare's works, during her childhood, as well as at her school. However, in adulthood, I have watched 'Hamlet' www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamlet performed a few years ago, at the Old Vic Theatre, and then 'Richard III http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_III_(play)at the Southwark Playhouse. After being exposed to 'Macbeth' www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macbeth and the film 'Shakespeare in Love' www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare_in_Love
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJM8S1h2GiY during January 2006, at Kensington and Chelsea college, I went to see 'Macbeth' performed at the Southwark Playhouse in the following month. My son's Rudolf Steiner school does teach it's children Shakespeare, and I have watched a performance of 'The Taming of the Shrew'www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taming_of_the_Shrew at my son's school acted by the children. In July of this year, my dear friend Birgit, my son and myself watched the Open Air performance of 'Twelfth Night' www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Night in Regent's Park, prior to which, I had to seen Patrick Stewart's www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart performance of 'Macbeth' in the West End.
Today I watched Sir Ian McKellen www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_McKellen acting in 'Othello', which was broadcasted, on the Freeview, More4 channel. Unfortunately, I arrived home too late, last night, to see 'King Lear' www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Lear
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_GXJ3zvr18 in addition to this morning's unrelated films 'The Importance of Being Earnest www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Importance_of_Being_Earnest written by Oscar Wilde www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Wilde and 'South Pacific' www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Pacific_(musical)
I look forward to tonight's, Richard III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.