Sunday 14 December 2008

Are You Being Served?

Today, after attending my local Quaker www.quaker.org.uk meeting for worship, I nipped over to Balham to purchase 'The Sacred Chef' autumn & winter fare, the second in the series from Devotion www.devotion.co.uk

I then popped into Woolworths to purchase a few - ship, aeroplane and Chelsea FC - items for my son. Whilst in the Woolworths I also purchased for myself a few d.v.d's, namely 'Carry On Nurse'. on reading the credits, I noticed Kenneth Williams www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Williams whom I had met many years ago, on Oxford Street, one morning, whilst I was on my way to work. I am fortunate to have been given 'The Outrageous Bestseller The Kenneth Williams Diaries' edited by Russell Davies, as a gift by a friend. Today I also purchased a 'Dad's Army d.v.d. I can still remember Clive Dunn signing his song 'Grandad' www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEwlnByCJoM on the 'Top of the Pops'. I could resist purchasing 'Are you being served? www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_Being_Served%3F I have such fond memories of John Inman www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Inman Finally I purchased 'Hancock' www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV6Dy8S9o8 which starring Will Smith www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Smith In my mind, Woolworths is uniquely amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.