Thursday 18 September 2008

What A Gift!

Sane - Meeting the challenge of Mental Illness. Information on all aspects of Mental Illness...: www.sane.org.uk

Cooltan Arts - Mental Health Support through Art: www.cooltanarts.org.uk

Rukus! Federation - is a ground breaking cutting edge organisation dedicated to celebrating and showcasing the best in challenging, provocative works by Black Lesbians, Gay, Bisexual and Trans artists nationally and internationally: www.rukus.co.uk

The Pink Paper - is Britain's only national lesbian, gay and bisexual newspaper and the biggest circulating gay publication of any kind in the country: www.pinkpaper.com

Yesterday, when I realised that I will not be able to have my usual, five and a half hour contact with my son, next Saturday, because I will be working next weekend. I felt traumatised, due to my conflicting responsibilities. In the past, my feelings of fear and powerlessness over a given situation, such as this, would have triggered an inappropriate response. For example, leaving it to the very last minute to try to do something about my dilemma, thus upseting all concerned in the process (including myself) and concluding with a unsatisfactory, guilt-ridden outcome.

Remembering that 'insanity is repeating the same mistakes, and expecting different results,' I decided to do, 'first things first' and rang my son's foster parents. I explained my problem to his foster mother, who was empathetic and has arranged for me to see my son for two consecutive Saturdays (one of which, will be my birthday weekend). And she also invited me to attend his school's 'Advent' function on Saturday 6th December 2008.

What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.