Monday 22 September 2008

Truth. Love. Beauty.

Gingerbeer - provides up-to-date information on London's Women only events, Lesbian clubs, dyke bars, queer shops and gay restaurants: www.gingerbeer.co.uk


Women's National Commission - is the official, independent, advisory body giving the views of women to the UK Government: www.thewnc.org.uk


International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) - seeks to promote a world free of poverty in which women and men, girls and boys have equal opportunities to achieve their potential and realise their rights: www.icrw.org


I have noticed, that there seems to be certain talents and artists, that I crave in all their forms. Worts 'n' all. Maybe it is just part and parcel of being a fan. Eclectic as I am.


So far this year, I have really spoilt myself. I have induged myself by attending three live concerts and at least five theatre performances. All excellent. I kicked off by visiting the Imperial War Museum with my son on Saturday 12th January. My son and I then went to see 'Afrika Afrika' at the O2 Sat 26th January. Friday 22nd- Monday 25 February, I attended the Anthony Robbins 'Unleash the Power Within' Workshop. Saturday 1st March, my son and I went to see 'We Will Rock You' at the Dominion theatre. Thursday 27th March I watched 'Elizabeth The Golden Age' at the Prince Charles cinema. Saturday 6th April, I went to the Hayward Gallery to view the 'Alexander Rochensky photography exhibition. Saturday 12th April my son and I watched 'Into the Hood' at the Novello theatre. Sunday 13th April, I went to the Photographers Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery. Saturday 19th April, I went to the 'Candy Bar.' Friday 25th April, I went to Photo Fusion, Brixton. Saturday 26th April, my son and I went to see the 'King Tutankhamun at the O2. Sunday 27th April, I went to the Tate Modern to view the 'Duchamp, Man Ray and Picabia' exhibition. On Saturday 10th May, my son and I watched 'Jump' performed at the Peacock theatre. Thursday 22nd May, I watched 'What Happens in Vegas' at the Clapham Picture House. On Saturday 24th May, I watched a performance of 'Havana Rakatan' at the Peacock theatre with my son and mum. On Tuesday 3rd June, I attended the Mary J Blige's live performance www.mjblige.com at the O2. Friday 6th June, my son and I viewed the Ian Fleming 'James Bond' exhibition at the Imperial War Museum. On Saturday 28th June, I went to see, 'The Harder They Come' performed at the Playhouse theatre, with my son and his god-father, Andrew, my long-standing best male friend. On Monday 30th June, I went to see 'Indana Jones and the Crystal Skull' at the Odeon Marble Arch cinema. Saturday 12th July, I went with my son and his god-mother, my dear friend, Birgit to watch 'Twelfth Night' performed at the Open Air theatre in Regent's Park. Friday 18th July, I watched Jill Scott's live performance www.jillscott.com at Brixton Academy. On Saturday 19th July, I went to watch 'Mamma Mia' at the Odeon Marble Arch. On Tuesday 22nd July, I watched Chaka Khan's live performance www.chakakhan.com at the Indigo O2. On Monday 4th August, I went to the Natural History Museum. On Monday 11th August, I went to the British Museum. On Wednesday 20th August, I went to see 'The Wizard of Oz' performed at the Royal Festival Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.