Saturday 10 January 2009

Love Lives Here.


Less than thirty minutes ago, one of my first cousins left for home after popping in to check that I was okay. While he was here, we watched the Elton John's, New Years Eve Party which was broadcast live on ITV1 www.itv.com/


Just in case you may be thinking that I had browbeaten my cousin, into watching Elton John, I assure you, I gave him ample choices and he chose to watch Elton John. Further more, my cousin mentioned that if he had known that I was going to see Elton John perform live, he would have accompanied me.


The way that my whole family have taken my sexuality and accompanying lifestyle in their stride, is amazing. Many years ago my mother remarked that her mother, Louise Stewart nee Williams, would turn in her grave if she knew that her first grandchild which was born on London, England soil, was gay! Although I don't personally have any gay relatives, I couldn't have found myself born into a more supportive family.


I have revealled in a previous post, that my mother accompanied me to Amsterdam. In fact my mother still wears her Amsterdam tee-shirt. Whilst on holiday in Toronto, my aunt Madge informed me that the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Pride was taking place and asked me if I wanted to attend. But both my mother and my aunt Catherine also had lunch with me at The First Out Cafe www.firstoutcafebar.com/

and not only did aunt Catherine accompany to the 'Glass Bar' in Euston, but my cousin accompanied both me and aunt Catherine - his mother - to celebrate her seventy-fourth birthday at 'Southopia', which was a womens only private members club in Kennington, which allowed male guests that were accompanied by women.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.